Re: [help-GIFT] Compiling gift 0.1.14 on gentoo error

From: Michiel Roos
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Compiling gift 0.1.14 on gentoo error
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 13:26:40 +0200

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 08:02 +0200, Kamil Wencel wrote:

> While I am at it:
>
> Are there any pitfalls regarding the configuration of the gift when it
> comes to php clients ? How should a recommended config file look like if
> I want to search images with say php_gift to start with ?

Hi Kamil,

You don't need a lot of config for the php_gift package. The config file
is tiny. Most visual style is done by CSS which you can strip form
http://gift.monosock.org/ and hand adjust.

The main config params are:

$giftServer = '127.0.0.1';
$giftPort   = 12789;

/**
 * Change the layout of the radio buttons for setting the image
relevance. You
 * can either enter;
 * - 'pn' (positive neutral negative)
 * - 'np' (negative neutral positive)
 * Anyone with a better variable name or idea to tackle this issue?
 *
**/
$relevanceLayout = 'pn';

Cheers,