Re: [help-GIFT] Ping!

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Ping!
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 17:49:11 +0200

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 17:41, David Squire wrote:
> In any case, I would prefer to see a set-up where it is easy to select
> from a variety of feature extractors,

Well, who would not prefer this. Currently we have someone contributing code
and kicking us and we even have trouble finding the time to look at the
contribution. Do you think it looks serious if we make bigger plans at the
current situation? This might sound harsh, but I am just stating facts.

> rather than have this clobber the
> legacy Viper code (esp. since IIRC there are cases when this is *not*
> faster).

As I understood, this was an assumption, and the Julia's most recent mail said
that it was not the case. Correct, Julia?

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg
Check out the SIG MM web site http://www.sigmm.org