Re: [help-GIFT] 'Re: Ups.

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] 'Re: Ups.
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 19:10:29 +0200

On Thursday 06 April 2006 18:10, address@hidden wrote:
> uhm, have you tried diffing my work?

Yes, I've just done that.

In any case, GNU sources are required to provide a change log, so someone of
us is going to do that :-) . However, I do not want to mitigate your
enthusiasm.

> i packaged it as a fork for a reason. i had to change generally EVERYTHING
> about the coding style, to get gcc to auto-vectorize. there are (almost) no
> global variables anymore, the gabor filters are in one array, not four.. it
> is truely unholy what i've done to your poor program.
> but, it works. ;)

I would suggest that you and David fix a close deadline for David to look at
it more closely. He knows the code best. I have barely touched it since it
came out. David, if you do not feel you have the time to commit, please tell
us.

> so, i'm more kicking you, so you'll get upset with me properly. ;)

No, that's OK, really. Don't worry.

During my glance the only thing I found a pity is that you are not using
ImageMagick (i.e. loading all image formats using the same instructions), but
libppm. Is in your usage scenario everything already converted to PPM when
you start using the GIFT?

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik
Universität Bamberg