Re: [help-GIFT] Infos about GIFT present/future features

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Infos about GIFT present/future features
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:59:40 +0100

Hi,

updates are one of the weak points of inverted files as gift uses them. Currently you need to reindex the collection with the gift if you add images.

Typically with inverted files you can have one small inverted file that is updated regularly and quickly and a larger and more "stable" one. Both can then be merged from time to time. A fantastic book on inverted file techniques and lots of other things is "managing gigabytes" from Witten, Moffat, Bell.

Cheers, Henning

Ernesto Ferrari wrote:
Hello to all,
I'd like to use GIFT for a new-media application I'm working on, and I'd
like to know how GIFT behave with the following:

- how do I add new images to an already existing collection?

- is it possible to add those new images runtime?

Thanks and best regards,
Ernesto Ferrari

--
 Henning Müller (PhD)