[help-GIFT] [ANN] gift-0.1.15b.tar.gz @ alpha.gnu.org

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: [help-GIFT] [ANN] gift-0.1.15b.tar.gz @ alpha.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:11:48 +0100

Hi all,

As in the beginning every year, there are some things one wants to improve.
One of the things that became clear last year is that the release management
of mine needs to be adapted to the fact that I am not able to do thorrough
testing by myself any more. The suggested way to improve was that I use the
FSF's service by putting on line alpha versions of GIFT at alpha.gnu.org. The
present version is put there as an invitation to test it.

The present 0.1.15b version does *not* include Thomas Deselaers patches for
MacOS yet, however, I would expect the present version to run on 64-bit
and 32-bit GNU/Linux machines.

I would be very thankful, if you all could provide me with bug reports on
Savannah: http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gift/ . If there are no new bugs
in the next four weeks, this will considered stable, and it will become
version 0.1.15.

Cheers, and thanks for all your input,

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS Medieninformatik