[help-GIFT] GIFT query features

From: Jun Jie Foo
Subject: [help-GIFT] GIFT query features
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:45:46 +1000 (EST)

Hi GIFT group,
   I understand that GIFT uses four features namely the Gabor & colour
histogram, and Gabor & colour
blocks. I'm currently running a few experiements where an evaluation of the
individual features
is required. Hence, it is quite important that GIFT's behaviour adheres to my
expectation.

Can I assume that by querying using:
<mrml ...>
<configure-session> ...
       cui-block-color-histogram="true"
       cui-block-color-blocks="false"
       cui-block-texture-histogram="true"
       cui-block-texture-blocks="true"
</configure-session>
</mrml>

GIFT will apply only the colour blocks and nothing else? This'd essentially be
equivalent to
turning the rest of the image features off had I used a GUI interface.
Can I also assume that it'll be the same for the other features?

It'd be very much appreciated if someone could confirm this. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Jun Jie