[help-GIFT] Help on the Client installation

From: Jian Yao
Subject: [help-GIFT] Help on the Client installation
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 07:28:31 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

I have sucessfully installed the GIFT server in my computer and get the gift
running. The problem is that i cannot get the client done. I have tried two
types of clients.

The first one is "The PHP MRML client by Nicolas Chabloz is demoed at
http://viper.unige.ch/demo.php";, which i used my computer's ip address, port
number, and my usename. I got connection failed on this one.

The second one is the "The SnakeCharmer by Zoran Pecenovic
http://viper.unige.ch/research/projects/GIFT/Charmer-0.2b.tgz";. There are
errors when i want to extract this file:
Charmer-0.2b/charmer/client/E:\\out.mrml
tar: Charmer-0.2b/charmer/client/E\:\\out.mrml: Cannot open: No such file or
dir
ectory. After i ignored this error and run "perl write-applet-frame.pl" and
"appletviewer Charmer.html", the applet failed and the printed error message
showed that the Charmer.class did not exist.

Can any one figure out why?

My server is executed under Cygwin.

Thanks

Jian