Re: [help-GIFT] [help] "Mandrake Problem" Solved, BTW

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] [help] "Mandrake Problem" Solved, BTW
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:50:10 +0200

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 11:46, Fabio Di Donna wrote:
> ( I work in LINUX MANDRAKE 9.0 )

At some time I thought there was a "mandrake problem". I was utterly wrong.
Fabio's problems came from the fact, that apparently he loaded and
stored ./configure using an editor that uses MS-DOS line endings. Due to
that, ./configure had MS-DOS line endings, which were in some cases seen as
tokens by the bash shell. Consequences where syntax errors.

On a more general note, please, when filing bug reports make sure that the
stuff you report errors about is really the stuff we gave to you.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller
LS AI 1
Universität Bayreuth