Re: [help-GIFT] Different GIFT log files for different ports?

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Different GIFT log files for different ports?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 18:17:00 +1000

Wolfgang Müller wrote:

I think it would be useful if there were separate log files for servers
running on different ports, i.e. gift-log-<port>.mrml, where <port> is
the number of the port on which a given server is running.
[snip]

Yes, this is a good idea. I have not run into the problem yet, as I tend to do testing using diverse GIFT_HOMEs, so each GIFT_HOME has its log.
Yes, I considered this solution, but it also means replicated all the indexing data. I could work around this with symbolic links, but things soon become messy. In fact, it would be nice if one could specify a particular config file on the command line, rather than a configuration directory, for the same reasons.

Cheers,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia