Re: [help-GIFT] Debian testing GIFT (gnuift)

From: Javier Alonso Sánchez
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Debian testing GIFT (gnuift)
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:16:24 +0200

I have found the cause of the problem.

The installation of Debian testing package put libraries with extension
.so.0 and gift server wants the libraries with extensions .so

I have created symbolic links in /usr/lib

libGIFTAcDistanceMatrix.so -> libGIFTAcDistanceMatrix.so.0
libGIFTAcHierarchy.so -> libGIFTAcHierarchy.so.0
libGIFTAcInvertedFile.so -> libGIFTAcInvertedFile.so.0
libGIFTAcPerl.so -> libGIFTAcPerl.so.0
libGIFTAcURL2FTS.so -> libGIFTAcURL2FTS.so.0
libGIFTQuHierarchy.so -> libGIFTQuHierarchy.so.0
libGIFTQuInvertedFile.so -> libGIFTQuInvertedFile.so.0
libGIFTQuPerl.so -> libGIFTQuPerl.so.0

and now gift server says:

Configuring CAccessorAdminCollection
../usr/lib....--
Configuring the CAccessorFactoryContainer:
I am going to scan the following directorys for plugins
/usr/lib
libGIFTAcDistanceMatrix.so contains a sane GIFT Accessor plugin:
distance_matrix
libGIFTAcHierarchy.so contains a sane GIFT Accessor plugin: hierarchy
libGIFTAcInvertedFile.so contains a sane GIFT Accessor plugin:
inverted_file
libGIFTAcURL2FTS.so contains a sane GIFT Accessor plugin: url2fts
FINISHED

Solved !!!

--
Javier Alonso Sánchez <address@hidden>