Re: [help-GIFT] Charmer client Security Exception

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Charmer client Security Exception
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:21:21 +0200 (CEST)

>> Dear Wolfgang Müller,
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Charmer client:
>> I set the environment variable according to your explanation,
>> but that didn't change anything. I don't really get why
>> setting this environment variable should influence the

I'm understanding the problem now. You're using the Debian testing
installation of the j2sdk. I think for Debian they ripped the normal J2SDK
directory structure apart, so the fix I suggested does not work. The fix I
suggested works for a JAVA freshly unpacked from a downloaded archive.

BTW: The reason why I am not using the Debian JAVA installation as using
the tarball-and-softlink installation method I suggested makes it very
easy to switch between different versions of JAVA.

So, what can you do? Find the java.policy file, and then try to use it.
How to use it is described at the end of section 3.3.5 at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/spec/security-spec.doc3.html#19802

Please try.

Thanks for hanging on,