Re: [help-GIFT] Getting GIFT from Savannah

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Getting GIFT from Savannah
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 12:42:15 +1000

Wolfgang Müller wrote:

On Sunday 21 March 2004 23:44, David Squire wrote:
Hi folks,

I am trying to download the latest GIFT from Savannah. I haven't done
this for quite a while, and it seems not to be working. Following the

instructions on the web page, I do:
>set CVS_RSH="ssh"
>cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gift co gift

It just hangs. No prompt. Nothing written to the directory. When I hit
^C, I get:
[snip]

Hi, David,

Thanks for giving it a try.

I tried it after the FSF security problems (these were fixed in december 2003, so I tried somewhere in january 2004). The thing to make sure when getting things from CVS is to make sure that you're using version 2 of the SSH protocol. This can be done by an entry in ssh_config.
Hi Wolfgang,

No luck, I'm afraid.

My ~/.ssh/config now contains the line:

Protocol 2,1

But this seems not to have helped. I now have:

>set CVS_RSH="ssh"
>cvs -t -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gift co gift
-> main loop with CVSROOT=:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gift
-> Starting server: rsh savannah.gnu.org -l anoncvs cvs server
cvs [checkout aborted]: received interrupt signal
-> Lock_Cleanup()

Again, it just hangs. I wonder if this has something to do with a proxy? Do you know what port this uses?

Cheers,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia