Re: [help-GIFT] Cannot find session error of GIFT.

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Cannot find session error of GIFT.
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 07:13:25 +0100

Dear Seventeen,

I have looked at the stuff you sent me (the list that is).  Things are like I
said, the plugins are not recognized, so there is no valid session. Things
point towards an installation error.

> First of all, I am not sure if the new version make the same
> gift-index-data with old 0.1.9 version, so I use both the cvs and old
> version gift-index-data.

The index structure (and thus the indexing data) has stayed fairly constant
over the years. This should not pose any problem.

However, I find striking that the plugin directory for both versions of GIFT
seem to be identical. This could be the source of error. Try installing
gift-0.1.9 and gift-0.1.9somethingnewer into two distinct installation
locations using ./configure --prefix /where/you/want/it/to/be and the usual
make (all install).

I hope this helps.

(BTW what is the timeline for your thesis?)