Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 10:04:12 +1100

Howard Lee wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam,

        I'd recently downloaded the GIFT version 0.1.9, and while trying
to install it, the program has difficulty finding the following modules:
XML::XQL::DOM, XML::XQL, and XML::DOM. However while trying to update
these modules in the Mandrake 9.2, it requires another module,
XML::Parser::PerlSAX. When I try to install this module, I encountered the
following error message:

Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl5.8.1 "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/amsterdam...........ok
t/canon_xml_writer....ok
t/schema..............ok
t/stream..............FAILED test 11
       Failed 1/11 tests, 90.91% okay
t/subs................ok
t/xp_sax..............ok
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/stream.t                11    1   9.09%  11
Failed 1/6 test scripts, 83.33% okay. 1/45 subtests failed, 97.78% okay.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255
 /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
 make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

        I am just wondering if there is anyway to resolve this problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Hi Howard,

This seems to be a problem with the Perl distribution you have. It looks like you are using CPAN to install modules. Have you always done so? I'm just wondering if things have somehow got inconsistent.

Perhaps you could try the Perl newsgroup - this is not a GIFT problem.

Regards,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia