[help-GIFT] Effect of Normalization on Recall-Precision

From: Sailesh Suvarna
Subject: [help-GIFT] Effect of Normalization on Recall-Precision
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 19:11:15 +1000

 Hi all,

   I  have a set of Ranked results taking one ,two and three images as
relevant. Using the same queries for CIDF with normalization and without
normalization ( blocking-(*i).second/=fabs(lQueryScore);in  CQInvertedFile.cc)
and then calculating the Recall/Precision and Interpolated Recall Precision, I
get the same results for both (with and w/o    normalization). I have attached
the .ps graphs of these results.

   Is the normalization supposed to have any effect on Recall and Precision?

Sailesh Suvarna