Re: [help-GIFT] gift features

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] gift features
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 13:00:23 +0200

Hi,

> If you do not omit the lowest frequency band of the Gabor filters (which
> might be the default in gift) you end up with 30720 Gabor blocks and 120
> features for the histogram which gives a total of 87446 features.

Line 495 from gift-add-collection.pre-pl tells me that we write out
InvertedFileFeatureDescription.db using the gift-write-feature-desc command
whose source you can find in FeatureExtraction/write_feature_descs.c .
This command should use the exact same settings as are used for the feature
extraction. If I am not mistaken the original author of that file (as of the
feature extraction code) is David Squire. Is there anything to add (or to
change in the code), David?

> I hope that this makes things clearer and I hope that I calculated
> correctly.

Looks like it :-)