Re: [help-GIFT] url2fts failure

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] url2fts failure
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:17:38 +0200

On Saturday 19 April 2003 02:44, Nikhil Vasudev Shirahatti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks to Henning Muller I got the ./gift-add.collection doing some
> feature extraction but after 90% progress I got this mesage:

So you start gift-add-collection.pl and it does only 90% of the work? The
trouble is that gift-add-collection.pl creates an XML file. An XML file needs
a closing tag. Without the closing tag you're lost. This is why the XML file
is written out at the end. So, if things stop for some reason at 90%, then
there are chances, that there is no url2fts.xml

(Hint for people who want to hack gift-add-collection.pre-pl: A more failsafe
way of doing this would be to first create some gdbm database, and then use
that data to create the XML file. Patches gladly accepted)

> Opening /home/nvs/gift/test/index//url2fts.xml ...FAILED!constructing
> parser
> Reading
> -1 characters

did you check if the /home/nvs/gift/test/index/url2fts.xml file exsists?
If it reads -1 characters, probably not.

> Read url2fts.xml
> libGIFTAcURL2FTS/cc/CAcURL2FTS.cc:188: XML ERROR:
> CAcURL2FTS.cc:200:throwing 0x811af50
>
> To be crystal clear I will give you the directory stucture:
> Gift executable : ~/gift
> Gift source code: ~/gift--0.1.9+2epsilon
> Images : ~/public_html/testimages/*.jpeg
> Gift binaries : ~/gift/bin/ .. this is where the ./gift-add-collection.pl
> resides.
>
> Is this still an indexing problem? How do I go about this?

I guess so. Could you clear the indexing data and do a
gift-add-collection.pl > of.txt > 2>&1
and send me (and anyone who wants it, Henning) the result (which will be too
long for the mailing list)? Your bug report was already quite helpful, but I
think I need more for better answers.