Re: R: [help-GIFT] compiling problem (again)

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: R: [help-GIFT] compiling problem (again)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:00:00 +0100

Hi,

Am Dienstag, 17. Dezember 2002 09:49 schrieb Fabio Tonti:
> Where can I get the "real" expat?
the expat sources are hosted at source forge.
> I search google to find it ...

First, I would like to thank you for trying hard to make things work.

Sorry, I expressed myself in the wrong fashion.
What I meant was that most distros make a difference between the package (i.e.
all you need to make it work, once things are compiled) and the developer
package (i.e. all the files you need to compile a program that uses that
package). In my eyes, you seem to have installed the former, but not the
latter.
One way to check, would be to do a

find /usr -name "expat.h"

and see what happens.

If you find it, I am surprised. Please tell me where you found it, and use

./configure  --includedir=DIR_WHERE_YOU_FOUND_IT

In any case don't hesitate to ask more questions or tell us if you made things
work.

I hope this helps, and
Viel Spaß (have fun)
Wolfgang