[help-GIFT] PHP problem (Partially Solved)

From: John Restrepo
Subject: [help-GIFT] PHP problem (Partially Solved)
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 10:46:30 +0100

Dear All,

I have been complaining to the list and to Wolfgang about problems with the PHP interface. I now know what's happening. I have PHP 4.2.2, and since PHP 4.1.x they have introduced a BIG change in the way PHP processes global variables. When running old code, it requires register_globals = on in the php.ini, though it might have security problems (as it allows variables forging). There is a new, more secure method of dealing with global variables (see php4.1.x release notes). Moreover, a few functions are now deprecated or have changed functionality.

I have now part of the code working in PHP 4.2.2 (with register_globals = on). and I will eventually migrate the interface to a PHP 4.2.2 'neat' code.

John Restrepo <address@hidden>
TU Delft
Industrieel Ontwerpen
Landbergstraat 15 Kamer 10-4B-39
2628CE Delft
The Netherlands
Phone +31 15 278-5146 Fax +31 15 278-7179