[help-GIFT] Search across several collections

From: John Restrepo
Subject: [help-GIFT] Search across several collections
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 09:54:11 +0100

Dear all,

I have now compiled a large collection of images organized in a directory tree. I have a directory called common_products, under which there are others like audio, video, hair_care, skin_care, cameras, autos, etc. Another directory might contain, let's say, natural_life, with sub_dirs like animals, plants, landscapes, etc. (Each category might be indexed as separate collections)

I want to allow my users to restrict their search only to skin_care, or skin_care+autos, or common_products, or animals+autos. Does anyone have an idea on how to do that?

Thanks...

John Restrepo <address@hidden>
TU Delft
Industrieel Ontwerpen
Landbergstraat 15 Kamer 10-4B-39
2628CE Delft
The Netherlands
Phone +31 15 278-5146 Fax +31 15 278-7179