Re: [help-GIFT] gift-add-collection

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] gift-add-collection
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:24:42 +0200

>     Thanks for your prompt reply.It didn't give me any warnings or
> complains while configuring and making the files.

Yes, this is because Perl is interpreted, it complains only during runtime. I
fixed that for 0.1.9. Check it out. The new configure script tells you which
modules are missing from your Perl setup. You can then choose either a
CPAN-based interactive installation or fetch the missing modules by hand.

> But when i tried to locate the Writer.pm using "locate Writer.pm" it didn't
> do anything !! Just returned the command prompt.
> Also i tried using the command " find | grep Writer.pm ", it didn't give me
> "Writer.pm" in the results..
> Do u think, the software musn't be installed completely ?

Looks like that.

> Also where is the ./gift-install-prerequisites.pl located ? I couldn't find
> it in ./scripts/perl folder.

./gift-install-prerequisites.pl is in the gift folder, as it is not part of
the perl scripts to be installed, but rather part of the configuration tools.