[help-GIFT] MRML stuff

From: Stephane Marchand-Maillet
Subject: [help-GIFT] MRML stuff
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:56:21 +0200

Dear all,
 I finally took time to gather things from the recent messages on MRML.
>From there I have gathered a number of issues that I list below and
would like your opinions on:

 # MRML site: As announced in a previous message, I updated the site. I
have completed it further with (have a look at the site map):
  -a FAQ : I have put tentive items in there
  -an "extension" page. This was a request from Ralf. For now it
contains the exerpt of the original document. Should be completed
further. The intentional aim of the Extension section in the prev site
was to post extensions that people where proposing. I suppose we can
also have an extension-HOWTO...
  -contact page so that it is not only my address :-; I geenrally do not
like setting others aemail addresses on pages without their permission.
If you feel you should be listed, please tell me.

 # the resource page contains a list of projects that are related to
MRML. The links are to be updated...

 # The above items have led me to the following proposal/questions?
ADMIN:
   -Should we have a MRML-specific mailing list. The fact of many
mailing lists may dilute the dialog. On the other hand, MRML should not
be tightly linked with GIFT (confusing for people) and stand by itself
   -Should we have an MRML sourceforge/savannah space (with mailing
list, solving the above issue) to gather software or is the resource
page with a list of links sufficient?

MRML spec:
   - My intention in the next future is to mak e a list of proposal for
the MRML spec.
   - i18n: the W3C has defined some styleguide (xml:lang...) why not
following it?
   - should we create a schema (XSD) for MRML, thus documenting it more
precisely...
   - MRML version 2.0: it is cited in the site. What is meant is to
gather a set of proposal to better further MRML so that people can start
doing collaborative thinking (standard procedure in collaborative
efforts)...
   - some inconsistencies in MRML have been reported on the mailing list
(eg type attribute). I will take the messages and make some
corrections...

Note:  I do not intend to restrain the site for my own self. The way it
works is that each HTML page is associated with an XML page (same name).
I maintain the pages in CVS. If you wish to make an update, download the
XML file, modify it and send it to me, I'll commit the modifs. You'll
understand that I cannot open the modif procedure more...

 Cheers,
 Steph

--
Stephane Marchand-Maillet, PhD
Computer Vision and Multimedia Laboratory, University of Geneva