[help-GIFT] [CVS Commit]Re: [bug-GIFT] Problems with result-cutoff in mr

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: [help-GIFT] [CVS Commit]Re: [bug-GIFT] Problems with result-cutoff in mrml-statement
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 17:30:47 +0200

On Tuesday 04 June 2002 11:00, Andre Schaupp wrote:
> I was sending some MRML-Statements to GIFT, using the gift
> FeedbackClient-perl module. It works really fine, but when i'm using a
> "result-cutoff" in a "query-step"-tag, gift is casting the floating point
> value to an integer. For example when i'm setting result-cutoff="0.6", gift
> takes this as 0, overwise when result-cutoff="1.6", it is taken as 1.
> I thought that result-cutoff is used to leave results with lower
> similiarity away. So it should take such floating point-arguments too. Or
> is it used in another way?

Yes, you're right. I just fixed and commited it in new CVS. Could you test
that (as I have no client that is really using it...)?

CAVEAT: THE NEW CVS VERSION NEEDS FROM YOU A WORKING INSTALLATION OF

EXPAT

TILL NOW, A COPY OF EXPAT WAS MAINTAINED IN THE SOURCE TREE. THIS IS STILL IN
THE SOURCE TREE, BUT CURRENTLY IT DOES NOT GET COMPILED!

The reason for this is that it gets a real pain, if you want to plugins and
stuff that uses libMRML.