Re: [help-GIFT] problem with starting gift-server

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] problem with starting gift-server
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:55:50 +0100

Hi,
> As Wolfgang said, it's normal for gift. However, you can run it in
> background mode ( ... &) and redirect stdout/stderr to a file.
>
> I use this script to run the gift
> ------------
> #!/bin/bash
> export GIFT_HOME=/usr/local/home/pruet/public_html/media/
> while [ 1 ]; do
>     /usr/bin/gift 1>$GIFT_HOME/gift.log 2>$GIFT_HOME/gift_err.log
> done

Yessir. This is the way to go. :-/
I would like to use this opportunity to tell you that I would be interested
in your crash reports :-) I think a bit of stability is what's missing most
for 0.2, IMHO.
I know that there can be a problem if you set an invalid base-type when
configuring an algorithm. Its the exit(20) in the CDynamicAccessorFactory. I
try to remove it, soon. If you find other ways to crash your gift, please
don't be too polite to tell it to this list.