Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Region query for MRML/GIFT

From: Pruet Boonma
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Region query for MRML/GIFT
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 02:05:08 +1100

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:49:24PM +0100, Wolfgang Mueller wrote:
> Hi again,
> > Hence, I believe that you agree with me about my protocol, so how about the
> >  wording ? should I change any words ? If everything is ok, I will
> > submit my DTD soon, after discuss it (again) with David.
> Yes, I think it would be good to change some names (I hope you agree).
>
> How about get-segment-by-url instead of user-segment-query (or some changes
> to that effect?)? I guess it would make clear that it is rather a short
> lookup than a full scale similarity query (even if both are, in fact,
> queries).

Ok, I change it to.

Client send.
<query-step session-id="myId" query-type="segmented" collection-id="a">
   <get-segment-by-url-list>
      <get-segment-by-url
         image-location="http://localhost/1.jpg";
         thumbnail-location="..." />
   </get-segment-by-url-list>
</query-step>

Then the server will reply with
<query-result>
   <query-result-element-list>
      <query-result-element
          calculated-similarity="1.000000"
          image-location="http://localhost/1.jpg";
          thumbnail-location="...">
         <query-result-element-segment-list>
            <query-result-element-segment segment-id="1">
               <box>
               </box>
            </query-result-element-segment >
         </query-result-element-segment-list>
      </query-result-element>
   </query-result-element-list>
</query-result>

Is it Ok?

> In terms of the query paradigm I am asking myself if it should't be rather

<--cut-->

> Suggestions for other query-paradigm type and index-type attributes are most
> welcome.

I agree with query-paradigm type (for query processing) and index-type
(for accessor). It will make the query very clear and easier to handle.

> BTW I find your DIA documentation of the interaction really cool.

I updated it before send this mail.

Cheers,
Pruet