Re: [help-GIFT] Re: [bug-GIFT] I think your program has a bug ....

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: [bug-GIFT] I think your program has a bug ....
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:14:49 +0100

On Friday 04 January 2002 10:47, Andreas Enge wrote:
> Hi, Wolfgang,
Hi, Andreas,
> thank you very much for your fast and helpful reply. Trying to run the
> script on an updated CVS checkout last evening (before you annonced major
> changes, I think), I got an error message "bootstrap failed". There was a
> file "configure" afterwards, but it ran into trouble as well and did not
> create any makefiles. I am attaching the output since I have no experience
> with auto-tools.
Yes, thanks for your complete bug report.

Have a look at the versions (See my vs. your output below). Your libtool is
clearly too old, and apparently also the autoconf. There were a lot of
changes in these tools, lately. So maybe get the freshest automake, autoconf
and libtool, and please recomplain if things don't work out with these.

> Concerning the gcc-3 compiler, I installed gcc-3.0.3 and could try to
> build gift with it, but I will be too busy during the upcoming ten days or
> so.

I also will be quite busy, so I am looking forward to your report in a couple
of weeks (or the report of any other one who wants to have a go at compiling
the gift with gcc-3.0.3)

Mine:

This script generates a configure script for the GIFT
Use this if you have checked out the GIFT from CVS
This script will be using the following GNU tools:
---------------------------------------
automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p5 Copyright (C) 1999, 2001 Free Software
Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying
conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR
A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52 Written by David J. MacKenzie. Copyright 1992,
1993, 1994, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is
free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty;
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.4.1 (1.922.2.34 2001/09/03 01:22:13)

Yours: