Re: [help-GIFT] Gift and gcc 3

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Gift and gcc 3
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:55:58 +0100

> Actually, you are right, the problem is with the string classes and
> persists with the newest version 3.0.2 of gcc and with the CVS version
> of gift. Now it would be interesting to know whether this is a gcc bug
> or whether strings are used in a way not conforming to the standards in
> gift.

Dear Andreas, thanks for coming back to us. Could you check if the header is
actually *there*? In the meanwhile I tried to install gcc on a sun (from
sources), and had the usual compile error (on strings). I checked the
installation to see what's wrong with the header, and in fact it was not
there (in my buggy installation), and rightly the installation had complained
about files being exsistant already and not being able to install.

I would be interested in hearing more from you.

Dr. Wolfgang Müller, assistant == teaching assistant
Personal page: http://cui.unige.ch/~vision/members/WolfgangMueller.html
Maintainer, GNU Image Finding Tool (http://www.gnu.org/software/gift)