Re: [help-GIFT] Searching for similarities

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Searching for similarities
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:35:16 +0200

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 16:34, MUELLER Henning wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the PHP Interface also allows you to submit a URL of an input image that
> is within the indexed database. If you do this, the already extracted
> features are taken and there is no new feature extraction as is with a
> newly submitted image.

In the project at savannah "adding images" is listed as an item. So this is
going to come, probably (at least I see it that way) together with the
release of the new bothrops query engine.

> There is a script called gift-mrml-client.pl (in the bin directory) that
> allows you to make queries as a command from the command line. A perl
> class CFeedbackClient.pl can be used in perl scripts to execute the
> queries.

Yes, I think this is the best thing to use. This will allow you to run
queries on the whole collection with a given item. The item SHOULD be in the
collection, otherwise it will extract/reextract features, which has to do
with security problems you get when adding new images to the database. There
is no rights administration in any of the GIFT's query engines so far, and I
did not want to do a 'bricole' (very french word for designing a quick fix
for non-francophone bystanders :-) ).

Dr. Wolfgang Müller, assistant == teaching assistant
Personal page: http://cui.unige.ch/~vision/members/WolfgangMueller.html
Maintainer, GNU Image Finding Tool (http://www.gnu.org/software/gift)