Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Clarification on inverted file

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Re: Clarification on inverted file
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 07:33:49 +0200

Le Mardi 21 Août 2001 03:54, suryani lim a écrit :
> Hi Wolfgang,

Hi Suryani,

> Thanks for the information on GIFT and the references.

I think it's good (and fun) to have some technical and scientific questions
and answers here.

> Thanks also go to David for your comments.
...and for forwarding things to this list :-)

> Are you refering to this article?
> Content-Based Image Retrieval at the End of the Early Years
> by  Arnold W.M. Smeulders, Marcel Worring, Simone Santini,
> Amarnath Gupta, Ramesh Jain
> appeared in IEEE transaction on Pattern Analysis and Machine
> Intelligence December 2000 issues?

Yes.

> Blobworld: A system for region-based image indexing and retrieval
> at
> http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~carson/papers/visual99.html
>
> I suppose Chad Carson was referring to this work.

Actually, if you look into our papers list, there is a VISual99 paper by
Squire et al. . I met Chad Carson there. BTW, I think there are papers much
earlier than that about BlobWorld.

> I had a look at MARS home page at
> http://www-db.ics.uci.edu/pages/research/mars.shtml
>
> but I don't know how many MARS there are. Are you talking about that
> MARS?

I think there is one MARS which left Urbana-Champain when Sharad Mehrotra
moved to Irvine.

> No regrets? ;-)

Not at all :-)