Re: [help-GIFT] Avoiding "localhost" in URLs generatedbygift-add-collect

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Avoiding "localhost" in URLs generatedbygift-add-collection.pl
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:03:50 +0200

> so if I had given the option "--url-prefix
> http://viper.csse.monash.edu.au/~davids/"; all would have been well. I was
> thrown off by seeing the "file:/" after typing the "--help" option when I
> knew that I was already getting "http:" style URLs. I then went looking for
> "localhost" in the code, since this was really what I wanted to fix. So, I
> would say that my "--hostname" option is unnecessary, but useful (at least
> for me).
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

Oh, I think the --hostname option is really helpful, however when I get bug
reports I have to squeeze you a bit to find out if it's really a bug etc. for
evaluating what has to be fixed, and also as help for others.

Cheers, and thanks for all
(don't forget to send the patches...)

Wolfgang Müller,
assistant-doctorant ==  PhD student (2001), teaching assistant
Personal page: http://cui.unige.ch/~vision/members/WolfgangMueller.html
Maintainer, GNU Image Finding Tool (http://www.gnu.org/software/gift)