Re: [help-GIFT] Avoiding "localhost" in URLs generated bygift-add-colle

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Avoiding "localhost" in URLs generated bygift-add-collection.pl
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 19:46:03 +1000

Whoops! I hit send before typing anything.

Wolfgang Mueller wrote:

> > I have just run "gift-add-collection.pl --help" to see if there was an
> > option which would let me override this, but it appears that there is not.
> > "--url-prefix" and "--thumbnail-url-prefix" sound like what is wanted, but
> > in fact they are not - they don't affect the localhost issue - which I now
> > see is hard-coded into gift-add-collection.pl (though perhaps there was an
> > option I could have given to configure when I built the system?).
>
> Huh, I thought it would. Strange. Could you give me the exact command line???
> I have to look into the sequences there. Normally the url-prefix stuff is
> exactly made for that.

If you mean the command line for "configure", then I'm afraid I can't help - I
can't remember exactly what I did. Typing:

gift-add-collection.pl --help

yields:

--url-prefix                  This URL-trunc will be prepended
                              to the file names generated. Default:
                              file:-URL to images
                              Current value: file:/home/users/davids/XsaPattern/

--thumbnail-url-prefix        This URL-trunc will be prepended
                              to the thumbnail file names generated.
                              file:-URL to thumbnails
                              Current value:
file:/home/users/davids/XsaPattern_thumbnails

Note that this is referring to the file URLs, not the "http" ones.

> > Anyway, I would like to suggest that a "--hostname" option be added to
> > gift-add-collection.pl so that this problem could be avoided.
>
> Good idea.

I've just done it, and it is now running and works. I guess it will be in the
patches which I eventually send to you....

Cheers,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia