Re: [help-GIFT] gift will not compile

From: Wolfgang Mueller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] gift will not compile
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:56:37 +0200

On Thursday 03 May 2001 03:51, Gregg Morris wrote:
> I think I've got it now.  Thanks.  Compilation completes with several
> warnings, but you probably know of those already as you mentioned the
> difference between g++ and gcc.

Oh, I misexpressed myself. I meant gcc in the sense of "gnu compiler
collection" and used g++ and gcc synonymously (bad!). The difference is
between different g++ (or gnu compiler collection) *versions*. For verifying
my hypothesis, I would be interested in the output of

g++ --version

from your side. Mine is 2.95.2, by the way. I am running Debian so packages
are a bit older here than on RedHat. Most of our workgroup is running SuSE
7.0.

>  AFIK, gift is working fine.  I have
> indexed over 2600 images so far and it is still going strong.

This is cool. I hope this continues. Are you aware of JAVA applet security
constraints? This could be interesting reading (it is in the gift-guide.sgml)
when having trouble with the SnakeCharmer client for the GIFT. Questions
welcome :-)