help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] text before section

From: T o n g
Subject: [help-gengetopt] text before section
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:49:03 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

This is a follow up to my previous issue report
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.gengetopt.general/238
which was eclipsed by the provided solution. Now it emerges again.

Basically, I want to output some text before section, but noticed it is
generated after the section instead:

--------------------------------
-# Name of your program, don't use if you're using automake
package "sample1"
# Version of your program, don't use if you're using automake
version "2.0"

purpose "this is just a test program for gengetopt"

section         "Section 1"

option          "str-opt"   s "A string option, for a filename"  optional
string typestr="filename"
text            "      explain more about the string option"

section         "Section 2"

option          "int-opt"   i "A int option"  int optional
-------------------------------

will get me:

--------------------------------
sample1 2.0

this is just a test program for gengetopt

Usage: sample1 [OPTIONS]...

Section 1:
  -s, --str-opt=filename  A string option, for a filename

Section 2:
      explain more about the string option
  -i, --int-opt=INT       A int option

I guess internally, gengetopt flushes out 'text' cache only before output
'option' info (but not 'section'). Would flushing out 'text' cache before
'section' possible?

Thanks

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)