help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] "free_string_field" defined but not used

From: Andre Noll
Subject: [help-gengetopt] "free_string_field" defined but not used
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 19:22:28 +0100

Hi Lorenzo, list

I'm getting this gcc warning when compiling sources the generated by
gengetopt-2.22.4. Looking at the generated .c file, it appears that
gengetopt generates the static free_string_field() function but never
ends up using it.

Of course I could compile the .c Files generated by gengetopt without
using -Wall to get rid of the message, but I think it would be cleaner
if unused static functions would not be generated at all.

The corresponding .ggo File contains only a single flag option,
and I'm using the following command line:

gengetopt --set-version="(paraslash git, associative expansion)" \
                --output-dir=cmdline \
                --set-package=mp3dec_filter \
                --arg-struct-name=mp3dec_filter_args_info \
                --file-name=mp3dec_filter.cmdline \
                --func-name=mp3dec_cmdline_parser

Any hints on how to avoid that warning?

Thanks
Andre
--
The only person who always got his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe