help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] accept option arguments (even in enum)

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] accept option arguments (even in enum)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 10:01:58 +0200

hi

I've uploaded a candidate release here

http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22.3.tar.gz

which provides this feature (you may want to take a look at test_values* files).

look forward to getting some feedback and then I'll release it :-)

cheers
        Lorenzo

Papp Gyozo (VBuster) wrote:
Hi,

What do you think? gengetopt should enable symbols in enums or should we
rephrase our idea? Please note that this option is multiple enum, so the
real strength of this approach that custom mixed filter definitions can be
described this way:
--filter=+other,-missing
well I think this would be feasible without any problem!
My only concern is the literals used for the actual C enum values: + and - are not valid characters, so these characters should be translated in the C enum...

something like

enum { filter_MINUS_UNSPECIFIED, filter_PLUS_OK, ... }

what do you think?  Or do you have any other suggestion?

It would be ok. My first thought was to simply ignore special characters and
replace them with an underscore (_) however it would raise the risk of
ambiguity. MINUS , PLUS (and the others like QUOTE, EXCLAMATION?) would be ok.