help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Help on usage or feature request: default mode

From: Kay-Michael Wuerzner
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Help on usage or feature request: default mode
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:46:15 +0100

Hi,

mode options are a great extension to gengetopt. Many thanks for
integrating this feature.

1. Is there a possibilty to define a 'default mode'?
I tried the following specification (I skipped some options for
reasons of readability):

defmode "moot tagger"

modeoption      "ta-moot"       -       "Use moot tagger"
       flag    on      mode="moot tagger"

modeoption      "ta-moot-model"      -   "Language model for moot"
       string  typestr="FILE ()"       mode="moot tagger"      required

defmode "tree tagger"

modeoption      "ta-tree"       -       "Use tree tagger"
       flag    off     mode="tree tagger"

modeoption      "ta-tree-model"      -   "Language model for moot"
       string  typestr="FILE ()"       mode="tree tagger"      required

I would expect the program to give an error message (dummy:
'--ta-moot-model' option required), if run without any option. But no
errors are reported. Is there any workaround?

2. Is it possible to nest groups and modes? E.g. I would like to have
modes for some aspects of my program. I can implement flags using a
combination of the 'values' and the 'dependon' 'keyword. But I do not
see how more complex arguments like those above could depend on
previously set arguments.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Kay