help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Build dependencies

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Build dependencies
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 14:50:40 +0100

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
sorry about that, I forgot to handle this issue before releasing 2.21.

[...]

hope to deal with it in the next release

Just a reminder to remove the checks for tools which are not needed
for doing './configure --prefix=/usr && make && make check && make
install' from the tarball, since it looks like we are close to 2.22.

hi there

I was about to change the configure script, but then I got a little bit reluctant in avoiding such tests: the tests for such tools do not make configure fail (what is required is notified by configure, and the other things are simply checked): furthermore, in the Makefile.am the presence of such tools is checked and if not present they are simply ignored...

your concern about the checks for these tools was due to the configure (or make, make install) failing if not present?

hope to hear from you soon
cheers
        Lorenzo

--
Lorenzo Bettini, PhD in Computer Science, DSI, Univ. di Firenze
ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)