help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Overriding -h option

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Overriding -h option
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:05:43 +0200

Lyle Brooks wrote:
I am grafting gengetopt into a legacy program that needs to maintain
-w and -h options (for width and height respectively).

Unfortunately, I do not seem to be able to get gengetopt to allow the
-h short option.  It seems like this is reserved for help (-h|--help).

I tried

gengetopt --no-handle-help --input=proj.ggo

thinking that would all me to specify
option  "pagewidth"         w "Page Width"              float typestr="inches"
option  "pageheight"        h "Page Height"             float typestr="inches"

unfortunately, I get this error message

gengetopt --no-handle-help --input=proj.ggo
proj.ggo:28: short option redefined
make: *** [cmdline.c] Error 1

Thanks for the report.

I'll work on making -h and -V overridable.

Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |
|  Dip. Sistemi e Informatica, Univ. di Firenze       |
|  Florence - Italy        (GNU/Linux User # 158233)  |
|  Home Page        : http://www.lorenzobettini.it    |
|  http://music.dsi.unifi.it         XKlaim language  |
|  http://www.lorenzobettini.it/purple    Cover Band  |
|  http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite           |