Re: tree-sitter on Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tree-sitter on Windows
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 17:19:21 +0300

> From: Juan José García-Ripoll
>  <juanjose.garciaripoll@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 11:23:44 +0200
>
> I am having a hard time installing tree-sitter DLL's in Windows. I have
> installed the treesitter language pack (I believe from MELPA IIRC),
> which downloads plenty of dlls, but they do not have the prefix
> "libtree-" and then Emacs cannot find them. I tried renaming them at
> their location in the package, but that also does not work. I tried
> copying them to the ~/.emacs.d/tree-sitter and also does not work. I
> tried modifying exec-path, and that also does not work... It is quite
> disappointing. How am I supposed to do this?

Please tell all the details.  Take one of these DLLs and describe all
the steps, including:

  . the name of the DLL and the language it supports
  . in what directory did you install it
  . how did you try to use it in Emacs
  . what exactly was the error message displayed by Emacs
  . what does "M-: (treesit-available-p) RET" report in Emacs

The correct names of the DLLs, under which Emacs will look these
libraries on Windows are libtree-sitter-LANG.dll, where LANG is the
language.  For example, if you try using the java-ts-mode.el package
for the Java language, you need to have the libtree-sitter-java.dll
where Emacs on MS-Windows looks for DLLs.