Re: emacsclient - kill buffer, not frame

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: emacsclient - kill buffer, not frame
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 22:40:23 +0200

> From: Ken Goldman <kgoldman@us.ibm.com>
> Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 15:02:42 -0500
>
> Opposite of the previous question:
>
> Currently, emacsclient kill-buffer kills the buffer and the frame.
>
> How would I configure a command to work like gnuclient, where
> kill-buffer just kills the buffer, but leaves the frame open?

You can't.  Because this makes no sense: that frame was created to
handle the buffer it displayed, so when the client buffer goes away,
the frame has no business to live anymore.

What kind of workflow do you use that makes this a sensible thing to
do?  It sounds like you use emacsclient in some strange way, not the
way it was intended to be used.