[h-e-w] cursor disappears intermittently when moving fast

From: tom
Subject: [h-e-w] cursor disappears intermittently when moving fast
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 18:13:30 -0400

Hi, I'm running GNU EMACS 26.2 on Windows 10.  Whenever I move the
cursor fast, holding down a movement key, like Ctrl-f or Ctrl-n, the
cursor disappears and reappears intermittently, and it makes how far
the cursor has actually moved a guessing game.  Is there any EMACS
setting I can try to remedy this?   Or perhaps some setting in
Windows?

PS. Just to make sure this problem isn't caused by my rather lengthy
.emacs init, I renamed it to something else, tested, and found the
same problem.