Re: [h-e-w] Emacs daemon and emacsclientw configuration

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs daemon and emacsclientw configuration
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 21:02:47 -0400

I tried the instructions in the #toc6 link and it worked OK for me.  The page says the "-c" parameter was key - opening in a new frame and (somehow) therefore not requiring a filename argument.  I don't quite understand but it seems to work.

On Mon, May 1, 2017 at 3:54 AM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Sivaram Neelakantan <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 09:37:02 +0530
> User-Mail-Address: address@hidden
>
> Well, I thought those instructions were for having a faster Emacs
> start and reuse one instance of Emacs that can be called using
> emacsclientw.

Invoking emacsclientw requires a file argument, that's why you get the
error message.

Like I said, the command line proposed in the Wiki makes no sense to
me.  Emacsclientw is supposed to be used in file associations, as
explained in https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsMsWindowsIntegration#toc3.