Re: [h-e-w] Fwd: Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Rob Davenport
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Fwd: Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 21:34:21 +0000

What version of Emacs and what OS are you running? Could you try adding that registry entry I mentioned and check the app id if any that gets set in the shortcut after you first pin it? (Before changing it to runemacs)
On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 2:28 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 14:00:51 -0400
> From: Rob Davenport <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, David Vanderschel <address@hidden>
>
> With no shortcut pinned to the taskbar, start emacs (runemacs.exe). Emacs
> starts and an icon appears on the taskbar.
> Right-click on that icon and select "Pin this program to the taskbar". Then
> when you exit Emacs, the icon remains on the taskbar.
> It is "pinned" (and a shortcut is created for it in the directory mentioned
> before).
> Now when you click on the icon in the taskbar it starts Emacs. But the
> misbehavior is that *another* icon appears on the taskbar.

I cannot reproduce this.  For me, no other icon appears, provided that
I change the target of the pinned icon to runemacs.

So some factor specific to your system is probably at work here.