Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Windows 10 Taskbar Behavior
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:00:28 +0300

> Cc: address@hidden
> From: David Vanderschel <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 15:25:48 -0500
>
> I think it is a bug in Windows 10.  Using the app ID program after I pin
> Emacs to the taskbar in Windows 8.1, the app ID associated with the
> shortcut is already "GNU.Emacs".  However, in Windows 10, the program
> reports that there is no app ID associated with the shortcut.  So
> setting the ID (as it should have been set on pinning the program) fixes
> the problem.

Thanks, so we at least have a workaround.

Do any of you who can run Emacs on Windows 10 can also run it under
GDB, or can build your own Emacs from sources?  I'd like to see if the
call to SetCurrentProcessExplicitAppUserModelID fails for some reason
there.  Let m,e know if you need instructions for how to do that.