Re: [h-e-w] Icons

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Icons
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:19:02 +0100

> I have just installed Emacs 24.4 under Windows. There is one thing that is
> missing: the icons. Emacs 24.3 had 17 icons (located at the \etc\icons
> directory). Would it be possible to add them to Emacs 24.4?

Note that the directory structure in the binary distribution for
MS-Windows has changed, to resemble that of GNU/Linux systems.  See
the NEWS file (C-h n), under this section:

  ** The procedure for building Emacs on MS-Windows has changed.

It seems that, with the new build system, those icons are not included
in the binary package (I don't know if they should be).

FWIW: the main icon ('emacs.ico' in Emacs 24.3) is available from
several executables (e.g. 'bin/emacs.exe').

--
Dani Moncayo