Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 downloads broken

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] EmacsW32 downloads broken
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 19:38:16 +0200

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Dani Moncayo <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 3:06 PM, Joseph Timothy Foley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi there.
> I have been trying to download the latest EmacsW32 from
> http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/EmacsW32/EmacsCVS/ptch/Emacs-23-CvsP091103-EmacsW32-1.58.exe
>
> But I keep getting permission denied.  I tried the other download links and
> they are all giving the similar 403 errors:
>
> Forbidden

I'd suggest you to use a recent version of GNU Emacs.

EmacsW32 included some other things in the installation too, like grep etc. (And nXhtml.) So you got up and running by just installing that.

However there might be no interest in doing that now compared to running the latest version. It someone want that installer I can upload to DropBox as suggested. Otherwise I will not dot that.

I myself have a lot of patches which I depend on for fast searching etc so I can't switch. (Most of that is however not in the latest EmacsW32!)