[h-e-w] Ediff not executing, displays error

From: Ankush Mishra
Subject: [h-e-w] Ediff not executing, displays error
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 12:37:59 +0530

Hello,

I am running emacs-24.3 bin i836 build of emacs on a Windows 7 32bit system and well I have trouble with running "ediff" from within emacs. Basically everytime I try to invoke ediff through M-x ediff or even through the file menus, I get asked to specify File A and File B after which I keep getting an error stating "Searching for program: permission denied, diff". I did find a previous thread, on the topic but unfortunately it seems to be unresolved.

I have verified my PATH and HOME environment variables which both point to "C:\bin\" where my emacs-24.3 folder exists.

Any suggestions on how to overcome this.

Aso, what does "Searching for program: permission denied" mean?