Re: [h-e-w] Emacs and Windows PATH variable

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Emacs and Windows PATH variable
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 21:40:28 +0200

> Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2014 23:36:58 +0400
> From: Nikolay Kudryavtsev <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> Thanks! I got so used to MadAppLauncher, that I never started Emacs any
> other way. It never came to me that Emacs would inherit PATH from it.

Every program inherits the PATH from the application it is launched
from.  When you launch Emacs or any other program from a desktop
shortcut, the Windows Explorer shell injects your user's environment
variables into the environment it passes to Emacs.  But most other
applications never do anything like that when they run sub-programs,
and the default is to inherit the environment of the parent.