[h-e-w] site-start.d for windows

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: [h-e-w] site-start.d for windows
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:13:17 +0200

Hi Windows

Debian, Red Hat, Fedora - all have a directory from which el files are loaded at startup. This custom directory is also described in Emacs Wiki as Dot Emacs Modular <http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DotEmacsModular> [1]. Usually its name is site-start.d

Since there's probably no approval for generic Emacs solution (see thread "run/load a lisp script before user init file" [2]), I would like to propose to implement such a solution in Emacs for Windows.

I am looking for the acceptance of the idea. I am ready to help in design and implementation. I did not grow up inside Emacs, so my knowledge of Elisp only develops, but this thing does not look difficult and there is a lot of verified sources to follow.

Who's in charge on Windows deck with Emacs flag?

Jarek

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DotEmacsModular
[2] http://emacs.1067599.n5.nabble.com/run-load-a-lisp-script-before-user-init-file-tp299200.html