Re: [h-e-w] Not all files displayed in directory listing

From: bsamek
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Not all files displayed in directory listing
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 09:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Michel and Eli,

You're absolutely right. When I cd to C:\Windows\System32 in Emacs, I'm
actually in SysWOW64. It lists the SysWOW64 files. Process Explorer confirms
it. The command line invoking cmd.exe is C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe, but
the path is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe.

I downloaded the latest Emacs and ran it with no custom configurations, and
the problem remained, so the problem is not in my .emacs.

Do you know why this is happening? I would have assumed this happened to
everyone since the Windows docs say that 32-bit programs are automatically
redirected by SysWoW to the SysWOW64 directory. Can I somehow tell Emacs to
use the path to the 64-bit cmd.exe? Or is there a Windows setting for this?